School Resource Officer01.29.2009 | |
SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER
The Bellefonte Borough Police Department recently implemented a School Resource Officer position. This is a cooperative effort between the and the Bellefonte Police Department.
Officer Jason Brower is currently assigned to this position.
The Benefits and Duties of the School Resource Officer are many:
– Enhance the delivery of law enforcement related education to students
– Promote a greater understanding between Law Enforcement and students
– Reduce juvenile crime through education prevention and investigative efforts
– Provide a Law enforcement presence to attempt to prevent crimes on school property
– Meet with students and provide law enforcement related counseling guidance and referrals to other agencies as needed
– Build a rapport between students and law enforcement
– Handle any criminal incidents that happen on or around school property
Officer Brower’s office is at the . He is currently involved in doing educational programs at the Elementary, Middle and High School levels.
Officer Brower can be reached by email at [email protected] or by calling the Bellefonte High School.