Permits & Forms
Click the links to download the forms below:
Planning & Zoning Forms
Zoning Permit Application
A zoning permit is needed for any exterior projects, including fences, accessory structures (shed, garage, etc.), addition, swimming pool. If you are unsure if you need a permit, please contact Gina Thompson, email@example.com.
- (HARB approval is required for any exterior projects in Historic District before a zoning permit can be issued.)
New Business Permit Application –
All new businesses in the Borough are required to have a zoning permit before opening. Before submitting your application, please read through this document and reach out to the zoning Administrator with any questions.
Home Occupation Application – you must apply for a zoning permit to operate a business out of your home.
Building & Housing Forms
Bellefonte Borough Rental Permit Application (required for any new rentals or change of rental type, ie – long term to short term, number of units, etc.)
- Short Term Rentals are NOT permitted in the r-1 & r-2 Residential Zoning Districts.
- Procedure for Applying for Permit
- NEW FOR 2022: New rental, change of ownership, and change of management all require a $50 zoning administrative fee to Bellefonte Borough.
Special Event Forms
On December 19th, 2022 Borough Council adopted a special event permitting process for groups and/or citizens wishing to close public streets or use public facilities for special events. The process is intended to assist community groups with planning special events on public property – in particular with any traffic control, emergency services, or special facilities that may be required for a safe and successful event.
Information and forms for the Special Event Permit are noted below. For questions or assistance in completing the required forms please contact either the Borough Office at (814)355-1501 or the Bellefonte Police Department at (814) 353-2320. The Borough Office will be able to assist with general questions about items such as public facility availability and the Police Department will be able to assist with more detailed questions on traffic control, safety etc.
An application fee of $25.00 must be included with every Special Event Application to be processed.
- Borough Ordinance: § 530-41, Restrictions on parking and storing of large vehicles. | D. Temporary construction or contractor trailer parking terms and conditions
- Borough Ordinance: § 482-32 Roll-off containers, dumpsters, etc., on public rights-of-way.