Zoning Hearing Board
|Zoning Hearing Board Members/Borough Contact||Term Expires|
|William Luther, Chairman||Term exp 12/31/2023|
|Dave Provan||Term exp 12/31/2024|
|Lanny King||Term exp 12/31/2025|
|Robert McWilliams||Term exp 12/31/2026|
|Josiah Newman||Term exp 12/31/2022|
|VACANT (Alternate)||Term exp 12/31/2026|
|Gina Thompson||HARB, Zoning & Planning Administrator|
William G. Tressler
410 N Allegheny St
Bellefonte, PA 16823
The Bellefonte Borough Zoning Hearing Board consists of five members and one alternate, each appointed by the Borough Council for a five-year term. The Board works closely with the Zoning Administrator. The Board meets the third Thursday of the month at 5:30 p.m. to review appeals and variance requests, as needed. The Zoning Hearing Board is a quasi-judicial body that works independently of the Borough Council. A solicitor is appointed to serve this body as legal counsel at hearings and to prepare the legal documents that reflect the decisions of the Zoning Hearing Board. The Zoning Hearing Board decides upon the following:
- Requests for variance from various sections of the Zoning Ordinance and Sign Ordinance.
- Appeals of decisions made by the Zoning Administrator regarding the granting or denial of a permit, issuance of any cease-and-desist order, and determinations made in administration of the ordinances.
To learn more about volunteering for the Zoning Hearing Board or other Borough Authorities, Boards and Commissions, please fill out the Volunteer Application.
Zoning Hearing Board Fees:
- Zoning Variance – $400.00
- Challenges to the Validity of the Zoning Ordinance – $350.00
- Special Exception Permit – $100.00
- Appeal of the Determination of the Zoning Officer – $100.00