Location: Governors Park Road
- Picnic pavilions with tables and grills
- Baseball, Softball & Soccer fields
- Tennis & Basketball courts
- Public restrooms
- Drinking fountains
- Walking & running paths
- Public pool
- Open Space
- On-site parking
Governors Park is not only Bellefonte’s largest park at 43 acres, it is also one of the most active parks in the region. Holding fields for baseball, softball and soccer, this park plays host for many local and state-wide tournaments, as well as local recreation leagues.
Governors Park’s eleven picnic pavilions are also a popular choice for reunions, parties and get-togethers. All pavilions include tables and at least one grill, with select pavilions including electricity and additional grills. More details on rentals can be viewed here. See a map of Governors Park here.
Walking and running paths surround Governors Park, and there are plenty of open spaces for picnics, lawn games or outdoor recreation.
Governors Park Pavilion Rental:
- Primitive Pavilion without Electricity: $35.00
- Pavilion with Electricity $50.00
- Reservations are accepted annually on January 2.
- Payment is due two weeks prior to your reservation. Please contact the Borough office at 814-355-1501 to make your reservations.
Note: The restrooms at Governors Park are open from Memorial Day until October 1. Picnic shelter rentals outside this time should note that there may not be trash receptacles available and restrooms will only be open if there is prior approval.